Guidelines for copying content into WordPress
- Paste as Text – click on the toolbar icon that looks like a clipboard with the letter T on it. If you don’t see that, click on the Toolbar Toggle icon to display the 2nd row of buttons.
- Keep formatting simple.
- Don’t do any local formatting. Even though the editor has buttons for font color, justification, underlining, and so on, don’t use any of them. Bold, Italics, ordered list, unordered list are okay.
- Save images to your hard drive, and then insert them into Posts and Pages. (As opposed to copying the <img src=”http://olddomainname.com”> code into the new site.)
- Use Fusion Shortcodes for formatting.
- Headings should be done with the Paragraph, H1, H2, H3 on the toolbar.
- If you see any extraneous formatting, for example, <span style=”stuff’>… </span> be sure to repaste as text to strip all that out. Unless there’s a good reason for it being there.
- Justify images to the left. (usually)
- Never Center Justify text.
- Tables: Tables should be copied over not as text and then converted to Fusion Shortcode table. (Ask me about then when you do it.)
- What am I forgetting? : )
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!