Download: Scott See’s Resume
- Masters of Business Administration, Fordham University: New York City, 1986
Major: Marketing Beta Gamma Sigma & Phi Kappa Phi. Bachelor of Business Administration
- Emory University: Atlanta, Georgia, 1981
Certified E-Commerce Instructor: University of Minnesota.
- ’00 to ’12 E-Commerce Course Instructor for college and community education programs
- May 19, ’00 Present course on Business-to-Consumer E-Commerce for a Small Business Development Center NxLevel Class.
- March 2, ‘01 Presented seminar on Business-to-Business E-Commerce to the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE) in Wash. D.C.
- April 27, ’01 Present course on Business-to-Consumer E-Commerce for a Small Business Development Center NxLevel Class.
- July 26, ‘01 Presented seminar on Internet Marketing at a technology conference hosted by Daishinsha (a Japanese publishing company) in Osaka, Japan.
J. Hammock & Associates, LLC
White Salmon, WA • Owner
Founder of a diversified marketing company that has the following business units:
- Export—Exporters of consumer goods to Japan. Specialize in household products. www.35north.com
- Internet Services—Internet Marketing, web hosting, domain name registration, web development, consulting. www.hammock-hosting.com
More information and references with e-mail links can be found at www.hammock.net
Jul. ‘93-Jul. ‘02
American Windsurfing Industries Association
White Salmon, WA • Executive Director
Responsible for running the trade association for the windsurfing industry.
- Produced WINDFEST, a nationwide consumer demo event tour. www.windfest.info
- Developed and managed the AWIA Co-op Advertising Program which supported retailers’ and schools’ local marketing efforts.
- Produced annual trade show. The AWIA Conference & Trade Show—the only trade show for the windsurfing industry in North America.
- Developed the AWIA School Initiative, a program to help promote schooling across the country. Included writing a handbook/business plan on how to run a successful school.
- Published the AWIA News, the industry’s only trade publication.
- Produced and managed H2Optix Windsurfing Tour, a traveling promotional tour which visited boat shows and beach festivals across the country.
- Designed and produced marketing materials to help retailers and school market themselves.
- Developed marketing materials for retailers.
- Commissioned and conducted primary market research.
- Created and maintained AWIA web site www.awia.org
Jan ’99-Sept. ‘01
TellUS Systems, LLC
Portland, OR • Partner
Co-founder of survey company designed to help companies make better educated decisions. Specialized in employee and customer satisfaction surveys, analysis, reporting, and consulting
March ‘00-Nov. ‘01
Los Angeles, CA • Marketplace Advisor
Consultant to Business-to-Business marketplace maker. (Profitable as of 2nd quarter 2001 after 20 months operation.) Responsible for identifying and developing strategy for approaching new industry marketplace partners. Successfully helped establish marketplace for outdoor sports including windsurfing and kiting.
Apr. ’87-Jul. ‘93
Rolex Watch U.S.A., Inc.
New York City • Advertising Manager
- Sole responsibility for the Co-op Advertising Department with 1992 budget of $12 million.
- Developed co-op policy and seasonal promotions.
- Advised retailers on media buying, copywriting and creative development.
- Monitored quality of retailer produced ads.
- Trained and supervised two Assistant Co-op Advertising Managers.
- Responsible for sports marketing events sponsored in conjunction with retailers. Includes golf, tennis, yachting, polo, and equestrian events.
- Responsible for sports promotions for Tudor Watch, a division of Rolex. Tudor Watch sponsors over one 150 windsurfing regattas across the country including televised international events.
Apr. ’84-Apr. ’85
Sound Management Inc.
Westport, CT • Executive Recruiter
Generated one of the top first year sales results for executive placement agency. Recruited upper level managers in marketing, accounting, finance, and data processing. Handled everything from initial company contact through final placement.
April 1983 to April 1984—Traveled through The Soviet Union, Mongolia, India, Burma, Nepal, Thailand, Hong Kong, China, Poland, and East Germany and throughout Europe.
May 1981 to March 1983—Licensed captain of a 47′ sailing yacht which sailed in the Caribbean, Bermuda, the Bahamas, Florida, and New England. Coordinated complete operation, navigation, and maintenance. Obtained Coast Guard Captain’s License.
- 2011 to present Board Member, Mt. Adams Chamber of Commerce
- 2012 to present Board Member, White Salmon Valley Education Foundation
- 1999 Small Business Development Center Certified E-Commerce Instructor. Course materials at www.hammock-university.com
- 2000 Member American Society of Association Executives.